This Policy is currently under review. This is in line with the requirements from Dept of Education Circular 0007/2020 https://www.education.ie/en/Parents?Information/School-Enrolment/
It is strongly recommended that children who have reached the age of four, on or before 30 April, may be enrolled in the Junior Infant class for September of that year.
Our enrolment policy is such that we give precedent to:
- Catholic girls from the Parish of the Annunciation Rathfarnham (priority to oldest) and Siblings of children already in the school (priority to oldest)
- Children of teachers presently in the parish schools and grandchildren of past teachers (priority to oldest)
- Catholic girls from outside the parish who have a brother attending St Mary's Boys School (priority to oldest) and proximity to school taken into consideration.
- When space permits children of other faiths who live within the parish boundaries who might wish to attend the school
- Catholic children from outside the parish, proximity to school taken into consideration and then priority to oldest.
Application forms are available between the 30th September and end of December (last school day) of the academic year preceding entry to the school. All completed application forms must be in the office on the last school day of December.
All applicants must bring original Birth Certificate as proof of age and Baptismal Certificate (where applicable)
Parents of children in the parish will be required to show proof of their address (bank statement, household bill etc)
In relation to the enrolment of a girl with special needs, the Board of Management will request a copy of the child's medical or psychological report. This is to help assess if the resources of the school are sufficient to put into place the required facilities to meet the educational needs of the girl as outlined in the report.
For an enrolment form please contact the school office directly on telephone 01 493 1640.