Stay safe. Protect each other.
Protect your child.
The most important things you can do to protect your child are:
- be responsible, be safe – follow the advice on protecting yourself and others from coronavirus
- look out for symptoms of coronavirus – if your child has symptoms, they will need to self-isolate
- encourage your child to wash their hands regularly and properly
- clean and disinfect surfaces in your home and things people touch a lot. Coronavirus can live on surfaces so it’s important to do this. Don’t forget door handles and the toilet flush.
- follow advice to prevent your child from catching or spreading viral infections
Face coverings are not recommended for children under the age of 13.
This is because young children may not be able to follow the important advice about wearing a mask correctly and to avoid touching it.
Children older than 13 are more likely to be able to stick to the important advice on how to wear a face covering properly.